Contributed by Gloria_Lester
Description: Miscellaneous NewsDate: May 21 1889
Newspaper published in: Stockton
- M. BRIDGES, of Kansas City, formerly of Stockton, was up last week attending court.
- The public in general is invited to attend the inspection of the militia next Friday evening.
- Goodland is making an effort to vote $5,000 bonds to put in water works.--Norton New Era.
- If Stockton is going to have a celebration, it is about time a move was being made.
- Frank MONTGOMERY is confined to the house with a sore throat.
- Ed OATMAN left this morning for Concordia where he will remain a few days and then go to Nebraska to play _____.
- Arthur LEE returned Sunday night from Sabetha, Kansas, where he has been the past month with his brother who has been sick.
- Lemonade and pine apple cider at the post office.
- On last Tuesday evening the Golden __inks gave an elegant display and _rill in the Opera House. They netted about $40 out of it.
- A little boy named FARMER, living near Almena, fell into a kettle of boiling lye last week. He died from the burn Saturday night.--Norton New Era.
- Tom McCLELLAN returned Monday night from a trip through the western counties. He reports things flourishing, but could find no town equal to Stockton.
- H. T. MILLER, the supposed editor of this paper, had been gone for the last month, and word just received from him says that he is as fat as ever and is holding down some town lots in Oklahoma but he is not stuck in that country and that Rooks county is good enough for him.
- Taylor COOK, the murderer, attended suicide Tuesday morning by eating some glass; but Mrs. WARE did not propose to have the gallows cheated out of a victim, so she informed sheriff WARE of his actions, who searched him an found several pieces of glass about his person.--Osborne News.
- At a meeting of the council Monday night the mayor was ordered to issue a proclamation calling an election to vote for the issuing of $15,000 worth of bonds for the purpose of building a system of water works, the plans and specifications of which are to be exhibited before the election.--Goodland News.