Clinton Courier (NY)
Clinton Courier (NY)
Contributed by klstacy_home

Description: A Shocking Experience

Date: July 31 1889

Newspaper published in: Clinton, NY

Source: Page ?, Column 5

A Shocking Experience
NEW YORK, July 30.—Robert Jones, barkeeper in a Broad street, Newark, saloon, was repairing a gas jet when his hand was carelessly laid upon an electric wire of the Thompson-Houston company. He received a terrible shock and fell to the floor unconscious. He lay for an hour in this condition, his eyes and mouth wide open and firmly fixed, and his limbs bent and rigid. Several physicians worked with him and at last brought him back to consciousness. His convulsions were terrible in the restoration process. The tips of his fingers were badly burned, and when he was lifted to his feet he tore around like a raving maniac.

Rating:

  • 0/5
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

0/5 based on 0 votes. The median rating is 0.
Show Individual Votes

Submitted: 04/30/15

Tags: (Please limit tags to surnames found within the article above)

Views: 85 views. Averaging 0 views per day.
In the most recent 30 day period, there've been 0 views.

Previous Article | Next Article


Items (articles, comments, etc.) placed on the Newspaper Abstracts website and associated mail lists remain the property of the contributor. By submitting any item to this site, the contributor has granted permission to the Newspaper Abstracts website and associated mail lists to permanently display and archive the item(s) online for free access to the site visitor.