Contributed by klstacy_home
Description: Fatal Mistake - Takes Wrong Prescription at DrugstoreDate: May 10 1854
Newspaper published in: Richmond, VA
Page/Column: Page 1, Column 4
FATAL MISTAKE.--On Thursday last, an order was left at a drugstore in Montgomery, Ala., for a small quantity of Icotine, which was duly put up, labelled, and left on the counter. On Thursday night, a little child of Mr. W. D. Battle, of Montgomery, was taken sick, and a negro boy was sent to the drug store for medicine. A clerk arose, and carefully preparing the medicine, gave it, as he thought, to the boy, who carried it to his master. Unfortunately, the package containing Icotine was taken by the boy through mistake. The father, ignorant of this, gave the child a teaspoonful of the mixture, causing death in a short time.