Contributed by Gigimo
Description: Elk Tavern. HOBBSDate: September 20 1814
Newspaper published in: Nashville, TN
Edward D. HOBBS, informs his friends and the public in general, that he has opened a public house in his new brick building, on College street, a few steps south of the factory owned by Mr. George POYZER, where he expects to be able to accommodate all his customers in a superior manner; as his house is large and commodious, and calculated for a house of entertainment. He pledges himself that no exertions shall be wanting to give entire satisfaction to those gentlemen and ladies who may give him a call. His table shall be furnished with the best the country affords; and his table shall be well attended n supplied with plenty of provender. His charges shall be as moderate as they have been heretofore found to be. He feels confident that those who honor him with their company will find their fare and charges such as will ensure a continuance of the custom; and his determination is to spare no endeavours that can promise the ease and satisfaction of his guests. For the accommodation of Travellers he has Road Bills of the principal roads in the country, which will be presented them gratis.