Contributed by Loren H
Description: Woman Rescues CalfDate: September 23 1910
Source: my granary
Mrs Cleve Stribling cooly saved a calf from burning to death at 3;30 this morning by walking into a burning building and after cutting the rope with which it was tied, literally carrying the frightened, kicking animal out into the lot to a place of safety. The barn had caught fire from the heat of a pile of manure which ignited a five gallon can of gasoline. Three tons of hay,implements and the buildings were destroyed, the fire being out of control by the time the first department arrived.There was no ionsuranc.