Contributed by Barbara
Description: Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003The following are available at Ancestry.com. Take advantage of their 14 Day Free Trial
to access these and other historical newspapers.
Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003
* The New York Times. New York, NY, USA: The New York Times, 1851-2001.
* The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, CA, USA: The Los Angeles Times, 1881-1894.
* The Boston Globe. Boston, MA, USA: The Boston Globe, 1872-1922.
* The Chicago Defender. Chicago, IL, USA: The Chicago Defender, 1921-1975.
* The Chicago Tribune. Chicago, IL, USA: The Chicago Tribune, 1850-1985.
* The Hartford Courant. Hartford, CT, USA: The Hartford Courant, 1791-1942.
* The Washington Post. Washington, D.C., USA: The Washington Post, 1877-1990.
* The Atlanta Constitution. Atlanta, GA, USA: The Atlanta Constitution, 1868-1929.
About Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003
This database is a collection of birth, marriage, and death announcements from several major U.S. newspapers for a variety of years. Images of the original newspapers are included.
Note: There may not be records for all three vital events included in this database for each newspaper and year combination. Also, the above listed newspaper titles are the modern titles. Many newspapers have changed titles over the years and some of them included the words "weekly" or "daily" depending on how often it was printed. For example, the "Hartford Courant" used to be called the "Connecticut Courant." You will see some of these historical titles in this database.