Discover Your Ancestors in Newspapers 1690-Today!
Last Name
GenealogyBank.com
Arizona Daily Star
Arizona Daily Star
Contributed by Corsby1

Description: Terribly burned

Date: February 9 1902

Newspaper published in: Tucson

Source: library

Baby Frightfully Burned with Exploded Benzine

The four year old baby boy of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Smith met with a terrible accident at the Smith home in Layton on Tuesday last, which may leave the little one disfigured for life but which the doctor hopes to prevent.

The little fellow was playing with a bottle of benzene before the fire. When the benzene became sufficiently heated it exploded and almost the entire contents of the bottle were thrown into his face. When the explosion took place the benzene ignited instantly and enveloped his face in flames. It was over almost instantly but his face was terribly burned. His clothes caught on fire but it was extinguished before any injury was done.

The little fellow suffered intense agony during the first night and was delirious a good deal of the time, but he is resting nicely now. – Guardian.

Rating:

  • 0/5
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

0/5 based on 0 votes. The median rating is 0.
Show Individual Votes

Submitted: 12/21/11

Tags: (Please limit tags to surnames found within the article above)

Views: 195 views. Averaging 0 views per day.
In the most recent 30 day period, there've been 5 views.

Previous Article | Next Article


Items (articles, comments, etc.) placed on the Newspaper Abstracts website and associated mail lists remain the property of the contributor. By submitting any item to this site, the contributor has granted permission to the Newspaper Abstracts website and associated mail lists to permanently display and archive the item(s) online for free access to the site visitor.