Contributed by Gigimo
Description: Struck by Lightning.Date: December 25 1902
Newspaper published in: Houston, MO
Friday of last week a few minutes before 12 o'clock the house occupied by Dick WEEKS, some distance southeast of the depot, was struck by lightning. James HENDERSON who lives out near the bald hill, was on his way home and as a heavy rain was coming up, stopped at the WEEKS house until it was over. He had not been there but a few minutes when the lightning struck the southeast corner of the house, passed along the wall and down through the floor just back of the stove. HENDERSON was sitting in front of the stove and Mrs. WEEKS on the south. When HENDERSON came to himself he had hold of the yard gate, some 12 or 15 feet from the house, but how he got there he does not know. His right leg was pretty badly scorched from the knew to his heel but has about recovered from the shock. Mrs. WEEKS was stunned considerably but received no serious injuries, with the exception of having one of her arms slightly burned by the lightning flash. A wife clothes line which was fastened to the corner of the house is supposed to have been the cause of the lightning striking the building.